As a teen, your child is certain to face a plethora of challenges, the greatest of which may be making it through their adolescent years with their self-esteem intact. In addition, it is essential that they develop a sense of who she is and who they desire to be in the world as well as to have a ‘voice’ they feel confident in and is capable of using in a variety of forms and forums.
The approach in working with your child is rooted in the belief that adolescence is a fundamentally important transitional time. It is a time during which they must be provided with guidance, support and encouragement to open up and discover who they are as an individual and how they desire to fulfill their unique and valued purpose on the planet.
Some of the key areas that play a major role are:
- Academic performance pressures;
- Body image, awareness and self-acceptance;
- Confusion about direction and future;
- Dating (choices, relationships, break-ups, sexual activity);
- Divorce-related challenges;
- Friendship dynamics (growing apart, betrayal, conflicts, negative competition);
- Goal setting, pursuit and achievement;
- Low self-esteem;
- Peer, media & self imposed pressure;
- Social isolation and bullying;
- Time management, organization & life skills;
- Teen / Parent communication;
NJ License # 4852, NY License # 019068.
Free phone consultation